Thursday, July 16, 2009

Healing through music

I find music to be tremendously healing. I have had some of my most cathartic cries to music (one of them cruising down the interstate at 70 mph). Tracy Chapman does me in really quick, as does Sarah McLachlan. I often have to skip Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" in my playlist or I know I'll be a mess. Music can also be uplifting and make you think about your life. I've been listening to Joshua Radin almost daily for 3 weeks, and the lyrics of the song "Brand New Day" really struck me today:

It's a brand new day
The sun is shining
It's a brand new day
For the first time in such a long long time
I know I'll be okay

Such a simple chorus, but very powerful to me right now. I feel like I can finally say these words and believe they are true.

Please check out the latest newsletter from Share: http://www.nationalshare.org/July-Aug_09_for_web.pdf. There's great information on creating memories of our children and healing through writing.

3 comments:

Noelle said...

I am so happy that you are finally able to feel like everything is going to be okay. It looks like you were able to come to some peace in your last post. I am praying for that feeling right now.

Fumbling towards Motherhood said...

Great post Cynthia, I just posted a song for you, check out my blog to get inspired!

JennyMac said...

Love Josh Radin!

Post a Comment